Systems Navigators assist people to understand and find their way through health care, community and social service systems. There are times when people facing life’s challenges do not know what kinds of help are available to them. Systems Navigators support individuals and families to discover and access appropriate programs and services.
Some examples include:
- Referrals to Home and Community Care
- Help finding a medical care provider
- Linking people to other health care services like mental health counseling or diabetes education
- Referrals to programs offered at the Health Centre
- Referrals to community support agencies in the community
- Referrals and help with forms for Ontario Disability or Ontario Works, etc.
- Assistance with applications for Unemployment or medication coverage
- Connection to a social prescription
This list doesn’t cover everything, so there may be other things a Systems Navigator can help you with. If you, or a family member are facing a health, social or community challenge, and you don’t know what kind of services to ask for, call to speak with us. WECHC’s Systems Navigation services are available to everyone primarily living in Dutton Dunwich and West Elgin Municipalities.
For more information, or to book an intake appointment with a Systems Navigator, please call 519-768-1715 x 2203.