Did you know that foot problems affect over half the population? Did you know that there is a link between foot health and over all well-being? Chiropodists are important members of clinical teams; they are responsible for early detection of many diseases and play a key role in preventing those aspects which affect the feet and lower limbs.
WECHC’s full time Chiropodist can educate you about foot health, assist in managing foot disorders, assess, diagnose, prescribe, and carry out treatments related to your feet. Care is provided to patients of all ages with needs related to:
- Wound care/foot pain
- Ingrown toenails
- Flat feet/high arches
- Athlete’s foot/warts/fissures
- Minor surgical procedures
- Sport injuries
- Therapeutic treatments like venous compression, laser, ultrasound and sport taping
- Diabetic foot care
- Biomechanical assessment and gait analysis (the way you walk)
- Orthotics and walking casts
You do not need a referral, and you do not need to see a doctor or nurse practitioner at WECHC to access these services. Fill out the application form below, or call 519.768.1715 for more information or to discuss your needs.